- Open iTerm.
- Go to Bookmarks > Manage Profiles
- Choose Keyboard Profiles on the left and edit the Global Profile
- Next to Mapping, click the + sign.
- For Key, choose hex code.
- In the text box next to hex code, enter 0x62 for b, 0x64 for d or 0x66 for f.
Note that 0x62, 0x64 and 0x66 are ASCII codes for characters b, d, and f respectively.
- For Modifier, check the Option Box
- For Action, choose send escape sequence.
- Write b, d or f in the input field.
Now Alt-f will jump forward a word, Alt-b jumps backwards a word, and Alt-d deletes a word.