- Download and install CUDA toolkit and CUDA SDK.
- When installing the CUDA toolkit, click the Customize button on the Installation Type panel of the installer. Then be sure that CUDAKext is selected for installation. If we do not do this, CUDA applications will complain “no CUDA capable device”.
- After installing add the following to .bash_profile.
- After installing the CUDA SDK,
Otherwise, we will get the following linker error when building CUDA applications:
ld: in ../../lib/libcutil.a, archive has no table of contents
- Build CUDA sample applications:
The result application binaries will be installed to /Developer/CUDA/bin/darwin/release.
A useful reference for installation and system requirement is a PDF file named CUDA_Getting_Started_2.2_MacOS.pdf.