Primitive Data Types
- char is 16-bit. byte is 8-bit. boolean corresponds to bool in C++.
- All Java primitive types are signed.Why?
- Java is more strongly typed than C++. No way to convert between boolean and integer types.
- Java has two new operators, >>> and >>>=. Each of these performs a right shift with zero fill.
- Java operators cannot be overloaded, in order to prevent unnecessary bugs
Struct and union
- No struct or union.
- Arrays are objects, defined by Type .
- Out of index accessing causes ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception.
- Can set default value of class data members